(1) RC4WD R2 Black Crawler Transmission
Made for hardcore rock crawler and custom truck builder!
Check our R2 review on Scale4x4 or Rccrawler! Click here to view a R2 video!
- R2 Transmission is engineered for serious rock crawling and off-road conditions. With extremely low gear reduction and 5mm output shaft, it is designed to work with Tamiya TLT-1 axle. With side and bottom mounting holes, this transmission can be mounted on a variety of chassis and platform.
- CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Housing
- Ultra compact design
- Extremly durable heat treated Steel Gears
- 5mm Steel output Shaft
- Support 8T to 20T 32 pitch pinion Gears
- Extremely low center CG
- Manufactured & engineered by RC4WD USA
- M3 side and bottom mounting holes
- 10:1 to 30:1 Gear Ratio
- Professionally pre-asssembled
- Flanged metal shield bearings
- Custom made round head stainless Steel socket screws
- Output Shaft OD: 0.19" / 5mm
- Height: 45mm (1.77inch)
- Width: 20mm (0.78inch)
- Length: 70mm (2.75inch)
- Weight: Not available yet
R2 Transmission Dimensional Drawing
- 1x RC4WD R2 Black Crawler Transmission
- 1x 8 Tooth pinion gear
- 1x Clear dusk cover
Click here to read an article on Scale 4x4 on how to cut the shaft.
Gearing : 8T pinion = 30.4:1, 9T pinion = 27.0: 1, 10T pinion = 24.3:1, 11T pinion = 22.1:1, 12T pinion = 20.3:1, 13T pinion = 18.7:1, 14T pinion = 17.4:1, 15T pinion = 16.2:1, 16T pinion = 15.2:1, 17T pinion = 14.3:1, 18T pinion = 13.5:1, 19T pinon = 12.8:1, 20T pinion = 12.2:1
- R2 can be installed on TLT-1, but modification will be made on the chassis. R2 is strong enough to even run on TXT-1 size trucks.
- One of the output shaft is much longer, it is designed that way so the prop shaft wont hit the motor. You can cut it shorter if you dont need the extra lenght.
Write your comment
Enter the code in the box below: